martes, 16 de marzo de 2010

Indian Spice and Religious Powders Can Cause Lead Poisoning

A study published today in the journal Pediatrics said young children who regularly ingest some imported Indian spices may be exposed to lead -- a dangerous neurotoxin.

In addition, some Indian ritual powders such as "Sindoor" comprise 47 to 64 percent lead, according to the study, and can be particularly dangerous when applied on young children.

Source:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/indian-spice-religious-powders-lead-poisoning-children-study/story?id=10099654

No hay comentarios: